I'm a little bummed to call this post my "monthly" update, but that seems to be about all I do these days. Life with us is always crazy in some way or another, but God continues to bless us and show us how truly amazing He really is. Unfortunately, He didn't choose to bless the Bethel College football team this season, but they did get their first win in 2 years this season over McPherson! We are eagerly and anxiously awaiting God's direction as we look toward the 2012 season. In other football news, Taylor re-injured his MCL twice this season (he tore it once last year), and so he had reconstruction surgery on the 7th. I have to say, that was NOT one of my most favorite days. He's doing very well though, and the doctor an physical therapist are very pleased with his progress. So far, he seems to be healing ahead of schedule, and we're extremely excited about that! He's still planning on football next year, so maybe he'll get to play his first full season :) In all of this, we're am thankful for God's provision to us while Taylor is recovering, and I am just continually thankful for and proud of my husband as he works so hard to recover. I could do amazing things if I had half of his motivation sometimes :)
Recent highlights for me deal mostly with school, which is going well. About a month and a half ago, we finally moved to the hospital for clinicals, and that was a great experience. I learned so much, and every day we had there reminded me of why I wanted to do nursing in the first place. God has been so gracious to me throughout this first semester,and I hope to glorify Him with the opportunities that He gives me. One of the highlights of my clinical experience was that I got to see my first surgery! Ok, I realize this is something that very few people would call a highlight, but it is amazing what gets me excited these days because of nursing school. I can't go into detail because of the wonderful organization called HIPPA, but it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I got to be right in the OR, basically looking over the surgeon's shoulder. It was so cool. And I wasn't grossed out! That's a big deal to me because of a previous near-fainting incident that I had at the beginning of clinicals while watching a more minor procedure. It has been good though, and even though school is tough and I CAN'T WAIT to be done, I feel like it is still where God wants me, and I look forward to seeing what God has planned for my career!
I have so much to be thankful for; it's impossible to know where to begin. I are first and foremost thankful for my Saviour. We got to be at Grace today for church, and we missed our new Cornerstone Bible Church family very much, but it was great to see all of our friends today and to sit under the great teaching of Pastor Rick. One of his comments today really summed up the greatest thing to be thankful for. He said, "The fact that I'm a sinner & that Christ died for me is the point of all," and that could not be more true. What else really matters? We are also very grateful for our new church. While it's a new experience that sometimes puts us outside our comfort zone, the young body there is so welcoming and it's just amazing to see a group of people working together to spread the Word of God. As always, God provides exactly what we need at the right time, and His grace keeps us moving forward. We are LOVING married life--another thing that I am super thankful for. God has blessed me with an amazing husband who leads me, loves me, and is an incredible gift from God. It's been so great to see how God works through our marriage to make us better. It's not always the most fun, but it's definitely worth it. I love you, Taylor! Our families have also been amazing. We've spent time with all 3 sets of parents this week for Thanksgiving, and it's nice to know that we always have a place to crash when we come to town. Despite all of the dysfunction, we have a pretty great family...we love you guys!
We're looking forward to this next month of finishing the semester, working, spending more time with family, and celebrating our first Christmas together. We are blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment