Patience. Oh what a wonderful thing it is when we have it, and what a difficult thing it is to grasp when we need it. I won't go into all of the gory details, but as all of you wives out there know, learning to live with a boy is difficult! At least for this new wife. But, as always, God is faithful and gracious when I'm not so patient, and He uses His conviction and the correction of my husband to open my eyes to what should be simple. Bottom line, it is my
duty privilege to take care of, pick up after, clean up after, and SERVE my husband, and I am called to do so with a joyful attitude. So this is what I'm working on this week (and I'm sure for many weeks, months, and years to come!), and it's my goal to grow and improve in this area more and more. God has given me, as a woman and a wife, such a precious gift in my husband, and with that comes a wonderful opportunity to practice denying self, selfless service, and quiet submission....3 qualities that I have yet to master. But I look forward to seeing God work in my life to break my bad habits and attitudes and make me into a woman after His own heart!
In other news, I bought a cardigan on eBay today for less than $11 (no tax OR shipping), and I won a Nike jacket for $4.25 (plus shipping). I'm getting slightly hooked on eBAy, but I love it because I can find such good, cheap stuff! I also made a crockpot pizza casserole yesterday for lunch with cheesy French bread. It was really good, but a word of advice, if all of the ingredients are going into the crockpot totally cooked or almost totally cooked, it will NOT need 4-6 hours on low...even if that's what the recipe said. Lesson learned. I also baked cookies on Friday without burning them! (This is a big deal, not because I can't bake, but because our oven is SUPER hot.) I just turned it down 25 degrees and problem solved =]
Now home to study the night away for the test tomorrow...oh the joys of nursing school.
No comments:
Post a Comment